Monday, July 31, 2006
Sikher, the first-ever Open Source Gurbani Researcher is being developed, which will make understanding and reading Gurbani simple through translations and transliterations in multiple languages. The fact that the project is open-source means, that it would be FREEly available for downloading and any developer can contribute to its development by downloading its source code.
Sikher is a cross-platform desktop program designed to archive, search & display the Sikh scriptures using advanced functions. It shall allow the common person to be able to understand and read the messages contained in the Sikh scriptures through translations and transliterations in multiple languages, thereby breaking the language and geographical barrier between Gurbani and the world forever.
For the developers: The features Sikher possesses shall also be of interest to the Open Source community because Sikher is a highly versatile, powerful, visually appealing and functional program. Sikher combines the power of Java, Swing, Unicode and XML to create a powerful, robust and high performance application.
Do support this unique project through any of the following ways:
- Bookmarking http://www.sikher.com/ in your favouritesJoining
- as a developer or translator in the Developers sectionPutting
- a link to Sikher on your website or blog using promotional images and text found in the Support sectionDownloading
- the Sikher 'Look & Feel' Version from hereBuying
- a product from The Sikher Online Donation ShopDonating
- any amount of money directly here to Sikher here