Sunday, July 16, 2006
If you own a domain name and your registrar or hosting provider allows you to make just a limited number of email aliases but you need more, don't worry. Gmail is there to help you.
What you need is just one email forwarder in your domain account. Make an email forwarder from email@example.com to firstname.lastname@example.org. Set this account as a box trapper (for those who don't know, box trapper means to send all emails from email@example.com to a specific address). So, now any mail coming to firstname.lastname@example.org would be forwarded to your Gmail account.
The next step is to make accounts for sending emails from different e-mail addresses. For this, open your Gmail account and follow the following steps:
- Click on Settings on the top-right corner of your Gmail page.
- Select the Accounts Tab.
- Click on 'Add Another Email Address'.
- Add the desired Email address, email@example.com.
- A verification email would be send to your Gmail inbox itself as you have already created a box trapper email forwarder.
- Click on the verification link and your alias is created.