Saturday, July 28, 2007
Here's another method to hide your files from others without using any software (previous trick: Lock Folders without using a Software). You can hide your files on the guise of an image file.
Just follow these simple steps:
- Take any image file, say image.jpg
- Select the files you want to hide and compress them with any file compression tool (WinRAR, WinZip etc).
- Place the image file and the compressed file in the same folder.
- Open the command prompt (Start Menu>Run and then type 'cmd').
- Navigate to the directory where you have stored the files (using the 'CD' command, examples).
- Now, type the following command:
copy \b image.jpg + compressedfile.ext
(replace compressedfile.ext with the archive you make with the correct extension, eg .rar, .zip)
- Open this image file in the same compression tool which you used to create the compressed file.
- Select the option to extract this file.
- You will see the files that you had embedded with this image.